40th CINZ Conference brings business event experts to Hamilton
More than 140 of New Zealand’s top conference organisers are in Hamilton this week for their 40th annual conference, run by Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ).
CINZ Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says the conference has attracted the who’s who of business event experts from around New Zealand and promises a fascinating programme of education and networking, with presentations from several top international speakers.
The Hamilton Waikato region is on show for this year’s anniversary event, themed The Art of Collaboration. Celebrations start with a welcome reception at Zealong Tea Estate on Tuesday evening, 11 October. Earlier that day Hamilton and Waikato Convention Bureau is hosting visits to Hamilton Gardens and the Waitomo Caves.
Claudelands is the host venue for the conference on Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 October, with a special Lord of the Rings themed gala dinner planned for Hobbiton Movie Set on Thursday night.
“As an industry we are working together to gear up for major growth, and our keynote speakers will give delegates new perspectives and real learnings to take back to their businesses,” she says.
Keynote speaker Gary Grimmer, CEO of international consultancy Gaining Edge will focus on how New Zealand can deliver competitive advantage in the convention space. He will look at the key trends and challenges emerging in the Asian market, and how New Zealand can respond.
Issue and crisis management specialist, Dr Tony Jaques will run a participative workshop on how to create a crisis management plan.
Director of The New Zealand Story, Rebecca Smith will focus on the competitive advantage gained by sharing a strong, consistent story about what New Zealand has to offer beyond its natural beauty.
The conference will include key industry updates from Hamilton City Council, Tourism New Zealand, CINZ and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
The 40th CINZ Annual General Meeting and CINZ board member voting will also take place at Claudelands on Thursday 13 October.
Click here for the full conference programme.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +64 21 668 090
About Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ)
- CINZ www.conventionsnz.co.nz is the official, membership based association of New Zealand’s conference and business travel industry with more than 380 members across a broad range of sectors.
- CINZ takes a leadership role in increasing meetings, incentives, conference and events business for the benefit of its members, principal stakeholders and the New Zealand economy.
- CINZ works to actively promote the sector, providing advocacy with central government, and offering assistance, information, professional development and real business opportunities to its members.
- CINZ manages New Zealand’s only national annual trade show MEETINGS.
- Multi-day convention/conference delegates spent an estimated $472 million in the New Zealand economy during 2015 (MBIE CDS Dec 2015).
- Domestic delegates accounted for $246 million (52 per cent of the total amount),
- Local delegates spent $96 million (20 per cent) inside their regions
- International visitors spent a total of $130 million (28 per cent). Of the international spend;
- $77 million was generated from Australian visitors
- $53 million from other international visitors.